Many of our readers has asked us to provide information about best Indian large cap stocks for long term investment to buy and hold in India 2020 as well as for list of top best large cap stocks with highest upside potential in India 2020.
So this time we have though to write a brief descriptive article on what are large cap stocks along with “Top 10 – Best Large Cap Stocks for Long Term Investment in India 2020”. Also with this you can view additional list of best large cap stocks with big potential in India 2020, which you can do analysis and take your own decision from large cap stocks to buy in India 2020. Your best knowledge, skills and charting techniques will guide you to select the best large cap stocks in India 2020 that best suits your portfolio list.
Large Cap Stocks Definition
Large cap stocks means, stocks of those companies which are well-established, larger in net worth size and running their businesses from many decade years that have a solid market presence, goodwill, brand. These companies are considered as a safe investment option for investors.
When we analyze the companies listed at BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) or NSE (National Stock Exchange) based of market capitalization (Capitalization means, a company’s stock value times the quantity of offers), we noticed that company’s capitalization is worth more than INR 100 Billion it is categorized under large cap stocks or large cap companies.
Examples of large cap stocks like: MRF, Eicher Motors, Larsen & Toubro, Tata Steel, Reliance Industries, HDFC Bank, Nestle, etc. These organizations have been around in the business sufficiently long and have solid foundation as leading business players. Their stocks are traded publicly in the open market and have large market capitalizations.
Key Important Reasons to Invest in Large Cap Stocks
1. Large cap companies are well-established and stable. This makes them less likely to leave their business or go bankrupt. In any case, their stock price may not rise as faster as small or mid-level companies. The best part of these companies is they are better than the best in their business sectors.
2. Investors or financial institutions rush to best large cap stocks during bearish market. That is because they are a more safe and secured then small cap companies. It just means they will probably withstand during downfall without leaving business.
3. Almost all the large cap stocks in India pay dividend also offers bonus shares sometimes. That makes investors happy with additional source of income. The company pay dividend / bonus shares as they know that large cap stocks won’t rise as faster as other small companies.
Top 10 – Best Large Cap Stocks to Buy for Long Term 2020
Here we are going to see the top best large cap stocks with highest upside growth potential. This list is based on EPS Ratio (Earnings Per Share Ratio) from highest to lowest. You can also view their respective P/E Ratio (Price Earning Ratio) as well as P/BV (Price to Book Value Ratio) for your analysis. You can even read more about what is EPS ratio and what is P/E ratio to understand better.
This assist you to short list from top 10 large cap stocks to buy now for long term investment. This should not be considered as large cap stock recommendations, but this can help you to figure out best large cap stocks to invest in 2020.
|Sr. No.||Company Name||Price||EPS||P/E||P/BV|
Note: Stock price, Company data and financial ratios mentioned are based of January 2020 data. This list will assist you in your research like: stocks with high EPS and low PE ratio in 2020, stocks with high EPS ratio, stocks with low P/E ratio. Grab some good understanding on indicators for research purpose. Get some knowledge about:
- technical indicators meaning along with technical indicators types,
- what is candlestick chart with what is support and resistance,
- single candlestick patterns types, and what is moving average,
- types of multiple candlestick patterns and what is volume,
- and more about basics of technical analysis for beginners from our tutorial course while researching best large cap stocks to buy and hold with big potential.
For analyzing, it is important that you know about what is fundamental analysis with what are qualitative factors, along with what are qualitative data analysis, and analyze annual report of a company, and not the least examples of financial ratios of the companies. You can go through our free tutorial course on basics of fundamental analysis for beginners to gain knowledge as a first stepping stone toward training yourself. This will definitely provide you better knowledge in picking best large cap stock and also to decide whether to buy or hold for long term or short term in India.
Top 100 – List of Best Large Cap Stocks for 2020 with Big Potential
Here we are presenting large cap companies list which you can deep research on it. Your research, your knowledge, your technical analysis or fundamental analysis and charting skills will assist you to figure it out the best suitable from the list of best large cap companies for your portfolio.This list is based on EPS Ratio from highest to lowest which does not includes “Top Large Cap Stocks to Buy” which is mentioned above.
|Sr. No.||Company Name||Price||EPS||P/E||P/BV|
|4||Dr. Reddys Lab||2863.5||164.84||17.4||3.09|
|5||Oracle Finl. Service||2889||159.36||18.36||4.38|
|7||Shriram Trans. Fin||1181.45||113.52||9.97||1.5|
|17||Bajaj Hold & Invest||3284.65||69.55||47.48||3.33|
|22||Larsen & Toubro||1312.25||50.32||26.08||3.49|
|25||Mahindra & Mahindra||530.8||43.85||12.2||1.82|
|27||Whirlpool Of India||2198.1||37.86||59.17||11.91|
|34||Power Grid Corpn.||186.1||29.78||6.26||1.93|
|36||Colgate Palmol. (I)||1475.5||29.52||50.25||25.24|
|43||AU Small Fin. Bank||798.7||25.09||31.63||–|
|45||Adani Ports &Special||372.25||23.48||15.78||3.03|
|47||Godrej Consumer Prod||706.45||21.33||32.11||9.23|
|53||Sun Pharma Inds.||430.2||18.04||24.03||2.4|
|60||Chola Invest & Fin.||307||15.57||19.58||3.54|
|69||Indian Oil Corp.||127.45||11.66||10.93||1.1|
|73||Kansai Nerolac Paint||537.25||10.15||53.18||8.09|
|79||L&T Finance Holdings||116.6||9.25||12.46||1.65|
|81||Rel. Nippon LifeAsse||346.85||8.54||39.55||7.88|
|89||Berger Paints India||506.75||6.36||79.5||19.2|
|91||Motherson Sumi Sys||146.7||4.8||30.86||4.52|
|93||Aditya Birla Capital||97.5||4.28||22.87||2.03|
|96||Bank Of Baroda||100.7||2.01||49.15||0.63|
|97||Adani Green Energy||135||-1.33||–||10.75|
|99||IDFC First Bank||43.4||-3.98||–||1.24|
Note: Financial Ratios and Stock Price are based on January 2020 data. This would really be an ideal for analyzing and research purpose.
Here we have seen top 10 – best large cap stocks to buy for long term investment in India 2020-2021. Our motive is to provide the list of best large cap stocks with highest upside potential in India 2020 companies to watch on. You can perform your technical analysis or fundamental analysis before you take decision to invest in best large cap stocks to buy and hold for long term investment with big potential.
Read E-Learning Tutorial Courses - 100% Free for All
Top 10 - Best Investment Options in India
- Chapter 1: Top 10 - Best Stocks for Long Term Investment in India
- Chapter 2: Top 10 – Best Dividend Paying Stocks for Long Term in India
- Chapter 3: Top 10 – Best Stocks to Buy for Long Term Investment in India
- Currently Reading: Top 10 – Best Large Cap Stocks to Buy for Long Term Investment in India
- Chapter 5: Top 10 – Best Mid Cap Stocks to Buy for Long Term Investment in India
- Chapter 6: Top 10 – Best Small Cap Stocks to Buy for Long Term Investment in India
- Chapter 7: Top 10 – Best Mutual Funds to Invest in for Long Term in India
- Chapter 8: Top 10 – Best Mutual Funds for SIP to Invest in India
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1703
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!