- 0.1 Travel Insurance Definition:
- 0.2 Five basic things covered under any Type of Travel Insurance Policies are:
- 0.3 1. Flight / Trip Cancellation Coverage:
- 0.4 2. Medical Expenses Coverage:
- 0.5 3. Emergency Evacuation Coverage:
- 0.6 4. Lost / Delayed Bags or Delayed Flights Coverage:
- 0.7 5. Phone Assistance 24/7 worldwide Coverage:
- 1 Basics of Insurance for Beginners
Travel Insurance Definition:
Travel insurance is an insurance product to protect you from the risk of losses occurred in misfortune events during domestic and international travels. Main purpose of any kind of “Travel Insurance Policy” covered is associated with trip cancellations and medical expenses. Now a day, online ticket booking websites provides you the travel package along with the travel insurance.
Below tables will guide you Travel Insurance Coverage’s offered by some of the insurer. Here you will get the basic idea about what are the things that need to be considered when buying travel insurance policies.
|Feature||Basic Coverage||Deluxe Coverage|
|Flight / Trip Cancellation||100%||100%|
|Trip Interruption / Stoppage||100%||150%|
|Emergency & Sickness Medical Expense||Included||Included|
|Emergency Evacuations or Medically Necessities||Included||Included|
|Renter’s Collision Insurance (For Liability)||Included||Included|
|Passport Lost / Replacement / Visa Info||Included||Included|
|Medical & Legal Assistance||Included||Included|
|Children Under 17||One Per Covered Adult||All Free|
|Cancel for Any Reason||None||75% of Trip Cost|
|Assistance on ID / Credit Recovery||None||Included|
|Pre-Existing Medical Condition||None||Included|
|Missed Connection Flight / Trip||None||Included|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)||None||Included|
Mostly Flight / Trip cancellation or disruption coverage. This includes due to Sickness, Weather, Pre-existing medical condition, Injury, Pregnancy, Job loss, Terrorist attack, Death or hospitalization, Hijacking, Natural disaster, etc. Some other events that might cover under Travel insurance includes lost or stolen of baggage or cost of ransom in case of kidnapping or damage to the rental assets like rental car or rental bike. Different travel policies have different coverage depending upon states as well. We recommend you to get in touch with your nearest insurance representative to get clarified information on travel insurance coverage.
Five basic things covered under any Type of Travel Insurance Policies are:
List of “Top 5 coverage of Travel Insurance” offered by insurance companies:
1. Flight / Trip Cancellation Coverage:
There are many expenses non-refundable and pre-paid when you plan a trip. For example: Tour Package, Hotel Rooms, Cruise Fare, etc. Under Flight / Trip Cancellation Coverage, you can claim for non-refundable or pre-paid expenses in case trip is cancelled.
2. Medical Expenses Coverage:
People believe that by purchasing general Medicare or health care insurance you have protected yourself for any medical emergencies or expenses. But this fact is not true. Within United States its true but mostly general Medicare insurance policies does not cover medical expenses incurred abroad. Under Medical Expenses coverage, you will be covered for any Emergency / Accidents / Dental Care or Medical expenses when travelling abroad
3. Emergency Evacuation Coverage:
Under Emergency Evacuation Coverage you will be covered for emergency evacuation expenses. For example: Transportation to your hospital of choice for care or Airlifts and Medically Equipped Flights to travel back to home.
4. Lost / Delayed Bags or Delayed Flights Coverage:
- Under Baggage Coverage, you can claim for Lost / Stolen / Damage of your personal belongings.
- Under Baggage Delay Coverage, you can claim for purchasing essential items until your bags are arrived. For example: Swimsuit, Clothes, Toiletry kit, etc.
- Under Travel Delay Coverage, you can claim for expenses in case your Trip / Flight is delayed. For example: stay at hotel, restaurant bills, etc.
5. Phone Assistance 24/7 worldwide Coverage:
Every travel insurance companies provides 24/7 support to their insured customer for all of their queries. This is a lifeline number for any assistance. You can call for services during:
- Lost / Stolen / Replaced Baggage.
- Lost Passports / Travel Documents.
- Cancelled Flights / Delayed Flights.
- For any Medical Emergencies.
- To locate nearest hospital for care.
- To arrange for medical treatment or transportation.
- Or any other assistance you required during travelling.
Read E-Learning Tutorial Courses - 100% Free for All
Basics of Insurance for Beginners
- Chapter 1: What is Insurance Policy and Types of Insurance
- Chapter 2: Fundamentals of Risk and Insurance
- Chapter 3: What is Health Insurance Policy and Types of Health Insurance
- Chapter 4: What is Disability Insurance Policy and Types of Disability Insurance
- Chapter 5: What is Life Insurance Policy and Types of Life Insurance
- Chapter 6: 4 Key Consideration Clause of a Life Insurance Policy
- Chapter 7: What is Term Insurance Policy and Types of Term Insurance
- Chapter 8: What is Auto Insurance Policy and Types of Auto Insurance
- Chapter 9: What is Home Insurance and Types of Home Insurance
- Currently Reading: What is Travel Insurance Policy and Travel Insurance Coverage
- Chapter 11: Other Different Types of Insurance Policies
- Chapter 12: Tutorial Quiz – Basics of Insurance for Beginners Module
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?