I have come across with people asking me about “which credit card is best in India?” or “which is the best credit card for rewards?” or “which is the best credit card for cashback?” or “which is the best credit card for shopping?” Also at times looking to compare credit cards with its features and benefits before buying it. This has given me an opportunity to create an ultimate list of best credit card offers, best credit card in India for 2017 – 2018 rewards programs from our our trusted audience and subscribers survey along with best credit card in India quora reviews. Here I am going to present you the “Best Credit Card in India 2017”. You can select one of the top 10 credit cards and apply for a credit card. Hope this benefits will help you to save money with proper planning.
Top 10 – Best Credit Card in India 2017 – 2018:
Let us further discuss about some of the top 10 – best credit card in India 2017 – 2018. Here we are going to compare credit cards with its salient features and present you the best credit card reviews, so that you are not misguided by any agents or any scheme masters.
1. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card:
If you are looking forward for the best card in India for shopping / grocery purchase / dinning out / cashback / reward points then Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card is the best from all.
Before writing this article we have taken the survey with our subscribers and found that out of 3 there is 1 who is holding Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card. This is the best credit card in India 2017 for salaried person. Check it out!
Annual Fee: For first year is INR 499 then from second year is INR 999 only. But fee can be waiver off, if you use credit card for more than INR 30,000 for your spending.
- This is the only credit card which is giving you 5% cashback on purchase of groceries from Departmental Stores / Super Market. For example: Big Bazaar, More, Reliance Fresh, etc.
- You also get 5x Rewards points when paying for fuel bills, hotel / restaurant bills, airline tickets, etc. from this credit card.
- You can also get maximum INR 500 every month as cashback when spending through Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card which is again one of the best feature I liked the most.
For any further queries, please fill the form from above link. The representative will call you to clear all your doubts.
2. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card:
This card would be the great card, if you do not want to pay the annual fees per year. When comparing credit card with Standard Chartered Manhattan credit card, you won’t get benefit of 5% cashback on groceries purchase through super market or departmental stores.
Annual Fees: Nil.
- Here you get 1000 reward points when doing any transaction within 60 days. Also 500 reward points for online banking registering.
- You also earn 5 reward points when spending INR 150 or more on fuel bills, hotel and restaurant bills.
Once after filling this form with correct information, you will get a call from Standard Chartered representative to clear all your doubt and he will explain you in-case any new facilities been added into this card.
3. ICICI Instant Platinum Card:
If you do not have any credit score or have bad credit score which is called CIBIL score when applying for any credit card or loans. In that case, this is the best credit card product which offers you credit card against fixed deposit (FD) with ICICI bank. This is the good alternative option for non-salaried person, students or housewife’s.
Annual Fees: Nil.
- You get INR 100 off twice a month on movie tickets. Also you get 3 payback points on every INR 100 spending.
- You also earn 15% off at 800 leading restaurants in India. Please check the list of restaurants with bank where this offer is applicable.
- Your fuel surcharge is also been waived off when you spend more than INR 399 on fuel bills.
You can apply for credit card and discuss with ICICI bank representative for further clarification.
4. SBI Simply Click Credit Card:
Best credit card in India for online or e-shopping. This is good credit card who loves to shop online. This credit card provides you enormous amount of rewards and benefits for those persons who are looking for best credit card in India for shopping.
Annual Fees: Joining fees is INR 499 and from second year onwards, you will have to pay annual fees of INR 499. Annual fees can be waived off when spending more than INR 1 lakh per year.
- You get 10x Reward points for shopping through online partners with this credit card like: Cleartrip, Zoomcar, Bookmyshow, Amazon, etc.
- From this SBI Simply Click Credit Card, you can earn 5x Reward points from all other shopping websites.
- Surcharge on fuel is been waived off when fuel transaction is more than INR 499.
You can fill the form via above link to get in touch with this credit card representative for further details.
5. Citibank Cashback Credit Card:
This is one of the top 10 credit cards in India for getting rewards in the form of cashback when booking movie tickets online or paying utilities bill online. For example: payment of electricity bills, water bills, telephone bills, etc.
Annual Fees: It’s INR 500 per year.
- You can earn 5% cashback for your utility bills. Like: electricity bills, mobile bills, etc.
- You get 5% cashback on booking movie tickets online.
- You also get 0.5% cashback for all other payments through this credit card.
For further clarification on this credit card you can fill your correct details in the form via above link. Through those details their sales representative will explain you in detail about this card.
6. Citibank Rewards Credit Card:
This is a good option for those people who are looking for best credit cards in India for reward points. You can easily redeem your reward points with exciting offers, gift vouchers and more.
Annual Fees: Nil.
- You get 10x reward points on every INR 125 spending on departmental stores and apparels.
- You also earn 1x reward point on every INR 125 for all other purchases.
- This is an International Credit Card where you get benefits on spending in India as well as globally.
Once you fill the form, you can then get in touch with Citibank representative for further offers and clarification.
7. American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card:
American Express MakeMyTrip credit card is also called as AMEX MakeMyTrip credit card which comes with enormous rewards and privileges. This fit as a best credit card in India for the ones who are travelling and booking hotels on the frequent basis and looking for great cashback.
Annual Fees: For the first year is INR 750 and INR 1500 from second year onwards.
- You get 5% cashback and 5 payback Points on every INR 100 spending on MakeMyTrip and 2 payback points for other purchases.
- You also earn 3% cashback on fuel bills paying through this credit card.
- There are some privilege benefits as well. You get INR 2000 voucher on INR 1.25 lakhs spending made at MakeMyTrip per year and INR 5000 voucher for spending more than INR 2.5 lakhs.
If you like travelling a lot, then you should surely apply for this card through the above link. There are other benefits as well which you can check it out across their website.
8. American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card:
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card is also known as AMEX Platinum Travel Credit Card. This card offer awesome benefits to travelers who are travelling frequently. For example: IndiGo Airlines, Taj Hotels, etc.
Annual Fees: For first year INR 3,500 and INR 5,000 from second year onwards.
- Joining bonus of 5,000 milestones reward points redeemable at IndiGo Airlines.
- You earn more than INR 8,000 vouchers when spending INR 1.90 lakhs in year with IndiGo Airlines.
- You get INR 12,000 IndiGo vouchers plus INR 10,000 Taj Group vouchers when spending more than INR 4 lakhs in a year through this credit card.
I would suggest you to apply for this card only when you’re travelling expenses are more than INR 1.5 lakhs annually.
9. American Express Gold Credit Card:
American Express Gold Credit Card is also called as AMEX Gold Card. This Membership Rewards (MR) Points can be redeem at fabulous 18 carat gold collection and 24 carat gold collection.
Annual Fees: For first year it’s INR 1,000 and then INR 4,500 from second year.
- You get 4,000 as a Bonus Membership Rewards (MR) Points on using the Card 3 times during initial 60 days card.
- You also earn 1,000 MR Points for using card 4 times on above transactions of INR 1,000 every month.
- Get cashback of 3% across India exclusively on your fuel bills with this AMEX Card. Also 20% off at selected restaurants.
- For every INR 50 spending you get 1 Membership Rewards (MR) Point except for payment at Insurance, fuel, cash transactions and utilities bills.
- Enjoy benefits on your travel bookings with MakeMyTrip.com. Click here to register and explore the other features of this credit card.
Apart from this you also earn 5,000 MR Points on card annual fees for limited period. You can apply and discuss with customer care from above link.
10. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card:
This Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card is again one of the best alternative for credit cards in India for fuel and utility bills.
Annual Fees: For first year – Nil, from second year onwards INR 750 which can be waived off on spending more than INR 60,000 through this card.
- When doing payment through this card you get 5% cashback on fuels, phone bills, utility bills, etc.
- You also get 1,000 Reward Points when doing transactions within initial 60 days for card. Also 500 reward points as bonus on online banking registering.
If you are spending more than INR 5000 per month (i.e.. INR 60,000 per year) through this card then only I would suggest you to go for this card to get maximum benefits from it. You can register and apply for this card from the above link.
Here you have gone through the various options available under best credit card in India after checking all the features, benefits and reviews. Just you be little cautious before choosing credit card. You should check the annual fees / interest rates / credit period before taking the decision. Only thing which one has to take care is to spend only that amount which he / she can afford to repay after credit days. Do not overload your pocket with more than 3 credit cards. Make use of credit card wisely. If you can well manage your expenditure then there is no other best alternative to make payment through cashless economy. You can also compare credit cards based on reviews, features and benefits.
Do share with us your comments on, which credit card you have applied for? Along with its benefits and drawbacks. Your feedback will help other users to get the correct and accurate information about the products available under credit card. Will be waiting for your feedback. Thanks 🙂